Bibbona Italy

Bibonna ItalyThe municipality of Bibbona lies in Val di Cecina and its territory, which includes about 4KM of beaches and a great forest of great natural value, extends from the slopes of the Colline Metallifere until the Maremma and the costa bathed by the Ligurian Sea. The coast is low and Sandy, characterized by extensive pine forests and beaches.

On the outskirts of the village lies the Macchia della Magona, a 1635 hectares forest, full of paths and natural paths that connect to the Val di Cornia parks and wooded areas with hollow tilesThe forest hosts a biogenetic protected nature reserve, which includes plants including seed Arboretum, adult plants bruzio pine, Cypress and pine home, placed in a context of Mediterranean vegetation with wild species as Holm oak, the oak and Turkey oak. Marina di Bibbona, on the coast, is a modern and well-equipped seaside resort offering offering good accomodation (hotel and camping sites)

Bibbona Village

The historic center of the village, with stone paved streets, winds within the perimeter of the old Castle and houses some buildings of great artistic and historical value. Between civil architecture is Palazzo del Comune vecchio, the medieval plant and from the façade adorned with coats of arms of many noble families; It is not known the year established, and numerous restorations are documented from the 1600s to the present day. Gramsci square stands the Palace Gardini, who was in the Ducal seat of Royal Possessions administration; It was auctioned off at the end of the eighteenth century and assumed its current appearance during the next century. Other presence is the medieval source of Bacchus, located just outside the walls.

Bibbona has numerous traces of ancient fortifications. At the highest point of the town, at Victory Square, stands the so-called Rocca; probably it was built around the 13th century as the residence of a noble family, but later it was used as a watchtower. Restored several times over the centuries, the top collapsed following the earthquake in 1846. In the frazione of Marina di Bibbona is also an 18th century Fort, built by the Lorena.
About 1 km from the city is an old windmill Il Cardellino active from the 18th century to the early 20th century. Was restored in 1967 by owner Henry Niccolini.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *